Every time you make a cup of tea or turn on the heating you’re using energy provided by the National Grid. Their job is to build and look after the cables, wires, pipes and pylons that carry gas and high voltage electricity around the UK
Because of that, they are at the heart of the nation’s climate challenge and commitment to achieving carbon net zero by 2050.
We have been working with them since 2019 to help tell that story across a variety of campaigns and settings.
Since we started working with National Grid, we have been consulting on and developing a wide range of creative assets.
This has included designing their new illustrated look and feel, shooting live action films, producing animated content, developing assets for social media and much more.
Our work so far
So far, projects of note have included:
- Establishing a look and feel for illustrations and animations for the organisation, as well as following this up with the production of two explainer animations - one describing what National Grid is (can be viewed above), as well as another that explained what Net Zero is, and why it’s important in context of the UK’s energy system
- A series of films forming part of a recruitment campaign, focused on inspiring the next generation to play a part in creating a cleaner, greener Britain. We highlighted the experiences of new engineers and their excitement as being the ones that are responsible for ending the use of carbon emitting fossil fuels.
- Content to help employees understand the role of National Grid as an organisation in relation to climate change, as well as lighter assets to inspire them to be greener in their day-to-day, focusing on reducing the amount of single-use plastics across company sites.
- A series of animations designed to explain the construction process of key elements of National Grid's work, such as pylons, gas pipes and more
- Explainer film series looking at the future of National Grid, exploring new energy sources and ways to transport energy and gas across the UK